Application Deadline: September 15th 2021
ACP-EU Culture Programme: Ignite Culture is a new and exciting grant facility for the cultural and creative sectors in 14 countries in Eastern Africa! This Eastern Africa focused fund is part of the global ACP-EU Culture Programme which is being implemented by HEVA , in partnership with the British Council Kenya with the financial contribution of the European Union, and with further support from the Organisation of ACP (African, Carribean and Pacific) States .
This funding will help successful applicants develop programs and projects to grow their own ventures, and do cultural work and support within their target communities. It will also go a long way towards making their efforts more sustainable. Alongside supporting creative and cultural workers to grow their businesses, enter and adapt to expanded and digital marketplaces, and upgrade their workspaces and collaborations, the facility will support efforts around building skills, and developing ways to enable better working environments for creative businesses.
Through grant financing of between 30,000 Euros and 180,000 Euro, this financial support should be directed towards the following activities:
- increased and improved production of creative and cultural goods and services,
- skills building,
- upgrading of hardware and software,
- improved access to financing and a supportive policy and business environment,
- expanding access to local, regional and international markets, as well as
- improving visibility for creative and cultural practitioners and their work throughout the Eastern Africa region.
Calls for proposals will be released in 2021, 2022, and 2023 for projects that support the growth and development of the cultural and creative sectors of Burundi, Comoros, Djibouti, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Kenya, Madagascar, Mauritius, Rwanda, Seychelles, Somalia, Sudan, Tanzania and Uganda.
- Creative talents who have registered and operational businesses (for at least 12 months) in Burundi, the Comoros Islands, Djibouti, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Kenya, Madagascar, Mauritius, Rwanda, Seychelles, Somalia, Sudan, Tanzania and Uganda will be welcome to apply for grants of up to a maximum of 180,000 euro per applicant.
- Lead applicants may apply with co-applicants from another African country, (including those outside Eastern Africa), or from an EU state.
- – The eligible CCI value chains will include: Cultural and Natural Heritage, Performance and Celebration, Cultural Infrastructure, Visual Arts and Crafts, Books and Press, Audio Visual and Interactive Media, Design and Creative Services, Creative and Cultural Education and Intangible Cultural Heritage.
For More Information: