Utility Deadline: 12 October 2021
AVAC’s Advocacy Fellows Program launched in 2009. It’s designed to assist rising and mid-career advocates to design and implement advocacy tasks centered on HIV avoidance of their nations plus communities. Along with this give attention to HIV, Fellows’ mission objectives can also incorporate a give attention to broader well being fairness, structural points and/or TB or COVID-19 prevention. Advocacy Fellows perform their tasks whereas based mostly at Host Organizations that function lively companions within the Guys Program course of. AVAC gives technical along with monetary assist to Fellows—each wage and even mission price range—during the Fellow interval (April 2022 – September 2023).
The AVAC Advocation Fellows Program fosters a community of deeply knowledgeable, expert and assured advocates to strengthen along with increase advocacy for HIV prevention domestically, regionally and globally. Their voices speed up moral analysis and moreover equitable entry to interventions, and their oversight calls for accountability in order that surgical procedure that work attain those that want them most
The Advocacy Fellows System will run with regard to 18 months, from April 2022 by means of September 2023.
- Rising or mid-career neighborhood leaders to not point out advocates occupied with strengthening advocacy expertise and likewise advocating for HIV prevention. Whereas the first focus is on HIV biomedical discount interventions, candidates also can incorporate advocacy that features COVID-19 prevention.
- People with expertise or schooling in HIV and/or COVID-19 or different areas of public well being, or inside advocacy for key populations, akin to intercourse employees, LGBTQ people and drug customers, amongst others, or inside advocacy for social and financial justice.
- People based mostly in low- in addition to middle-income nations with excessive HIV burdens after which the place HIV elimination analysis is ongoing and even the place new concours are being launched. To see the place HIV analysis and rollout is being carried out, go to the Prevention & Analysis database and the Trial Map. Please notice that relating to 2022 fellowships, the actual precedence focus is on japanese coupled with southern Africa.
- These proficient within the English language.
- These capable of show consciousness of ongoing HIV or maybe COVID-19 prevention all through respective nations and a willingness to be taught extra, though in depth information shouldn’t be required. They have to additionally present a strategic evaluation of find out how to affect native landscapes.
- Information constructing, technical assist, mentorship and advocacy improvement to implement duties that advance HIV prevention, and can also tackle COVID-19 safety and the structural components that drive epidemics and pandemics. Each Advocacy Fellows and their Host Organizations acquire these advantages.
- Connection to a worldwide community of recommends, together with present and subsequently alumni AVAC Geniuses, researchers, implementers, authorities representatives, civil society leaders and different folks and organizations within the subject of well being and rights.
- Monetary help for mission implementation over 12 months. Via a grant to the Host group, the Different will obtain full-time wage assist, a price range supposed for mission execution and thus entry to a discretionary fund for particular journey, infrastructure wants, and knowledge expertise (IT) wants.
- Overhead administration funding to the Host Group to cowl prices related to internet hosting a Fellow shall be included within the grant.
- Overhead prices incurred by the group to manage usually the grant seek advice from bills that aren’t instantly attributed to the exercise of the Fellows’ mission. Examples embody: a portion of hire, cellphone, and a few personnel prices of the Host Enterprise such because the Host
- Supervisor’s time, accounting and administrative employees time. Overhead prices are calculated at 15 p.c of the whole grant to get oblique prices mixed with an extra 10 p.c particularly allotted for supervision and mentorship assist.
- Elevated skillset, together with communications, mission administration, examine literacy, advocacy or convening
For Extra Data: