Utility Deadline: Monday 4th October 2021.
These scholarships are provided in reminiscence of Joel Joffe, who was Nelson Mandela’s lawyer within the 1963/4 Rivonia Trial. He performed a vital position within the battle for democracy in South Africa. The Belief continues to construct on his legacy, inspiring others to do as a lot as attainable to understand human rights and scale back poverty.
Canon Collins Trust invitations purposes from present third 12 months college students (going into their 4th 12 months in 2021) learning for an LLB on the School of the Western Cape or the College related to Fort Hare. We’ll present funding relating to R40, 000 in the direction of the final 12 months of your LLB research, a chance to reinforce your tutorial and management expertise by way of organised occasions and a paid internship at a public curiosity regulation agency for about 5 months after your commencement. The actual profitable candidate can have the chance to finish their internship at both the Equal Training Legislation Centre or the Authorized Sources Centre.
Candidates have to be:
- a nationwide of, and usually resident inside, South Africa
- in possession of a robust tutorial document and extra-curricular involvement
- a present undergraduate third 12 months pupil involving Legislation on the College or faculty of.
Please apply solely in case you are eligible and meet ALL of the above standards.
The Joel Joffe scholarship contains:
- R40, 000 in the direction of final 12 months of your LLB examine
- a paid internship at Equal Education Legislation Centre or Authorized Sources Middle after the completion of LLB examine
- a chance to reinforce your academic and management expertise by way of organised occasions
The best way to apply
This scholarship is now open.
The deadline for purposes is at 15: 00 GMT on Monday 4th October 2021.
Late purposes is not going to be thought of.
Examine the application guidelines
For Extra Data: