The Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development of Germany through the Humboldt Foundation is offering six Georg Forster Research Awards for students from developing countries. Women researchers are encouraged to apply.
Application Deadline: 31st October 2021
Offered annually? Yes
Eligible Countries: Developing Countries (excluding People’s Republic of China plus India). See List below
To be taken at (country): Germany
Eligible Fields: Research programmes offered by the university
About Scholarship: The Georg Forster Study Award is given to academics from all disciplines who have made fundamental discoveries, new theories, or insights that have had a significant impact on their own discipline as well as beyond, and who are expected to continue developing research-based solutions to the specific challenges facing transition and developing countries.
- The Selection Committee bases its choice exclusively on the academic qualifications of the nominees and the importance of their research to the growth of their respective countries.
- At the time of their own nomination, the applicants had to have lived and worked in one of these nations for at least five years.
- -Nominees must be nationals of a establishing or transition country (excluding People’s Republic of China and even India; cf. detailed list of countries).
- -Furthermore, at the time of nomination, they must have had their main residence and place of work in one of these countries for at least five years.
- -The Alexander von Humboldt Basis particularly encourages typically the nomination of qualified female researchers.
Number of Scholarships: up to six Georg Forster Research Awards yearly.
Value of Scholarship: The award amount totals €60, 000. In Germany, research awards are generally exempt from income tax under German tax law.
Duration of Scholarship or grant: The particular project duration of about six to twelve months may be divided into segments.
Eligible Countries: Afghanistan, Ecuador, Macedonia, Samoa Albania, Egypt, Madagascar, Sao Tomé, Príncipe Algeria, El Salvador, Malawi, Senegal, Angola, Equatorial Guinea, Malaysia, Serbia, Antigua and Barbuda, Eritrea, Maldives, Seychelles, Argentina, Ethiopia, Mali, Sierra Leone, Armenia, Marshall Islands, Solomon Islands, Azerbaijan, Fiji, Mauritania, Somalia, Mauritius, South Africa, Mexico, South Sudan, Bangladesh, Gabon, Micronesia, Fed. States, Sri Lanka, Belarus, Gambia, Moldova, Rep. St . Kitts and Nevis, Belize, Georgia, Montenegro, St . Lucia, Benin, Ghana, Morocco, St Vincent, Bhutan, Grenada Mongolia, the Grenadines, Bolivia, Guatemala, Mozambique, Sudan, Bosnia-Herzegovina, Guinea, Myanmar, Suriname, Botswana, Guinea-Bissau, Swaziland, Brazil, Guyana, Syria, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Namibia, Tajikistan, Haiti, Nauru, Tanzania, Honduras, Nepal, Thailand, Nicaragua, Timor-Leste Cambodia, Indonesia, Niger, Togo, Cameroon, Iran, Nigeria, Tonga, Cape Verde, Iraq Niue Tunisia, Central African Republic, Turkey, Chad, Jamaica, Turkmenistan, Chile, Jordan, Tuvalu, Colombia, Pakistan, Comoros, Kazakhstan, Palestinian territories, Congo, Dem. Rep. of Kenya, Palau, Uganda, Congo, Rep. of the Kiribati, Panama, Ukraine, Cook Islands, Korea, Dem. PR associated with Papua New Guinea, Uruguay, Costa Rica, Kosovo, Paraguay, Uzbekistan, Cote d’Ivoire, Kyrgyzstan, Peru, Cuba, Philippines, Vanuatu, Laos, Venezuela, Lesotho, Rwanda, Vietnam, Dominica, Lebanon, Dominican Republic, Liberia, Djibouti, Libya, Yemen, Zambia, Zimbabwe.
How to Apply