ABSA Group is now accepting applications for its one-year Graduate Internship Program from dedicated African postgraduate students.
Application Deadline: Not specified.
Eligible Countries: Botswana, Ghana, Kenya, Mauritius, Mozambique, Nigeria, South Africa, the Seychelles, Tanzania, Uganda, and Zambia.
About the Award: Our Rising Eagles Graduate Programme, which is now known as the Gen A Grad Programme, has grown alongside Absa. This one-of-a-kind moniker encapsulates a new generation of A+ achievers, those who are on top of their game and proudly African. Those who are ideal candidates for Absa.
A new name for a new group of tomorrow’s leaders.
If you’d like to be part of Gen A; if you too have the vision of not just building your career, but also building your continent, we have a customised programme built for your talent and unique capabilities.
It’s time for a new generation of go-getters with exceptional IQ – and EQ – to collaborate with our continent’s smartest young minds, working with advanced technology, to change the game.
We invite you to apply for the Global markets Grad Programme, today!
- A postgraduate qualification (minimum NQF Level 8) obtained before January 2021 (with the exception of Computer Science, as these students do not need a postgraduate qualification)
- Less than 24 months’ permanent work experience (this excludes temporary work during full-time studies)
- You must be a citizen of the country you are applying, or have the necessary permits and documents to prove you’re eligible to work in that country (you will be required to upload these documents with your application)
Number of Awardees: Not specified
Value of Programme:
- A structured development journey in the first year of employment
- Permanent employment at Absa from day one, with a competitive package
- Vehicle and home finance at staff rates
- Reduced banking fees
- Exclusive access to WorkInProgress*: our global innovation hub
- Bringing your solutions from the Human Quantum Computer to life
- A dedicated Young Talent Team to support you
- The opportunity to be a part of initiatives affecting real change in Africa
- A strong support network of alumni
- Access to a vast networking of opportunities in Africa
Duration of Programme: One year
How to Apply: To apply for this scholarship, candidates should decide which career path suits their ambitions, then apply online with full academic results/transcripts and CV.
1. Online application
Applications are screened to ensure they meet our minimum academic requirements. How you approach and answer the application questions will also play a role in our selection process.
2. First round interview
As a quick way to get to know you, interviews will be done over the phone or face-to-face.
3. Psychometric assessment
An online assessment will be sent to you to complete.
4. Assessment centre
Depending on the business area you have been shortlisted for, you’ll be invited for further assessments, which may include a variety of group exercises, role-plays, case studies and interviews.