The inaugural KPMG Private Enterprise Tech Innovator competition will recognize Africa’s leading tech innovators and future tech titans.
Application Deadline: 31st May 2021
About the Award: At KPMG Private Enterprise we understand the impact that technology trailblazers like you are having on the world. Whether yours is a pure technology company or you’re tech-enabled, tech-led or tech-driven, we want to hear from you.
We’re inviting you to compete with technology entrepreneurs across Africa – and in 15 other countries in most major regions of the world. You’ll pitch your innovations and present your growth ambitions to a panel of industry experts.
Wherever you are in your business lifecycle – from early-stage growth to getting ready to accelerate your expansion – our aim is to help you achieve your ambition and take your business to the next level.
Eligibility: Any technology entrepreneur that has operated for less than 5 years and is registered and based in Africa can apply. Applicants must have innovative, proven technologies, robust business models, the ability to demonstrate traction in their activities and the potential to scale up. All entrants entering the competition on behalf of the company must be residents in participating Africa and aged 18 years or over. KPMG employees and contractors are prohibited from entering the competition.
Selection & Criteria: Each pitching competition will be judged by a panel of industry and KPMG experts. All applications will be scored based on six, equally-weighted criteria. The criteria are
- disruption and innovation
- market potential
- customer adoption
- market traction and marketing
- long-term potential and
- pitch quality.
The decisions of the panel will be final.
Number of Awards: Not specified
Value of Award: From tech innovator to future tech titan – finalists will receive an unrivalled platform to profile your business:
- Exposure: pitch your innovations and present your growth ambitions. Winning companies will be featured in KPMG’s “Winners Report” and local media profiles. They will also receive global attention among key influencers at Web Summit 2021, Lisbon, in November.
- Recognition: profile your business throughout the competition, leveraging KPMG channels and local media.
- Networking: connect with like-minded peers, key industry experts and influencers both locally and globally.
- Go global: Winners will automatically progress to the Global Tech Innovator final, to be hosted at Web Summit 2021, Lisbon, in November.
How to Apply: Apply here ›
- It is important to go through all application requirements in the Award Webpage (see Link below) before applying.