MIASA Fellowships are actually open. The Merian Institute for Superior Research in Africa (MIASA) gives 10 Fellowships (Junior/Senior) on the College of Ghana inside the interval between 1st of June and 31st of August.
Utility Deadline: fifteenth November 2021, 24 h UTC
Eligible Nations: African international locations
In regards to the Award:
The Maria Sibylla Merian Institute for Superior Research in Africa (MIASA) is devoted to analysis within the Humanities and Social Sciences, with ‘Sustainable Governance’ as its central subject. Our primary thematic corridors are battle and sustainable peace, democracy and environmental transformation. We’re additionally thinking about a variety of intersectional sub-topics, reminiscent of landownership and acquisition, migration and mobility, restitution of cultural objects, African cities, human rights and different associated themes. MIASA is dedicated to cut back international asymmetries in information manufacturing, to advertise feminine scholarship and to bridge cultural divides. The institute gives time and house for supporting modern educational tasks of high worldwide high quality. MIASA serves as a hub for change, networking and collaboration amongst main researchers from Germany, Ghana, Africa, Europe and elsewhere on the planet. The institute is positioned on the gorgeous campus of the College of Ghana (UG) at Legon (Accra), and has been carried out in collaboration with the College of Freiburg, the Goethe College of Frankfurt, the German Institute for World and Space Research (GIGA) and the German Historic Institute Paris (GHIP). It’s largely funded by the German Federal Ministry of Training and Analysis.
The current MIASA Fellowships name is for as much as ten (10) particular person residential fellowships for 3-12 months every for the tutorial yr 2022/2023. The beginning date of a fellowship is mostly dealt with flexibly, nonetheless, for fellowships between three and 6 months we strongly encourage the next:
o Twelve-months fellowships often begin in August.
o 4- and six-months fellowships are often supplied in the course of the interval between August and January and between January and June.
o Three-months fellowships are often supplied from 1st of June to 31st of August.
The decision is open to each junior (> 6 years after completion of PhD) and senior (> 6 years after completion of PhD) researchers.
The Institute gives time and house for supporting modern educational tasks within the Humanities and Social Sciences of high worldwide high quality. MIASA helps these tasks through totally different sorts of fellowships: particular person fellowships, tandem fellowships with one tandem accomplice from Germany and the opposite from Africa, and fellowships as members of Interdisciplinary Fellow Teams. From 2021 till 2026, MIASA will grant some 20 fellowships per yr in complete.
Sort: Fellowship, Analysis
Eligibility: Eligible for utility are junior and senior researchers from across the globe after completion of their PhD in a related self-discipline of the Humanities or the Social Sciences. Candidates should suggest a analysis challenge that matches the analysis focus of the IFG on“The Governance of Power Transitions within the World South”.
Variety of Awards: 10
Worth of Award:
- The profitable candidates change into MIASA fellows with all of the corresponding rights and obligations for the requested funding interval. Fellows affiliated with a house establishment could select between two fellowship choices: (1) The fellows’ wage or educating substitution prices are met by MIASA for each full fellowship month on the precept of “no loss, no acquire,” and paid on to his/her dwelling establishment. (2) A fellow could select the choice of a person grant primarily based on the candidate’s wage at his/her dwelling establishment.
- Moreover, fellows from exterior Accra could obtain a month-to-month residing allowance of as much as 675€.
- Non-affiliated fellows obtain a person month-to-month grant.
- For all fellows from exterior Accra, MIASA supplies lodging (or an equal lodging allowance of as much as 1500€/month) and reimburses journey prices. As well as, a small contribution to assist analysis undertaken at MIASA might be granted to the MIASA fellow upon utility to MIASA administrators (max. 250€/ fellow month). MIASA fellows who include relations to Accra can obtain a household allowance. Fellowships are funded by the German Federal Ministry for Training and Analysis through the College of Freiburg/FRIAS.
- The Institute supplies its fellows with workplace house on the College of Ghana campus. Fellows have full entry to all library companies on the College of Ghana and, electronically, on the College of Freiburg, Germany. A full-time presence of fellows at MIASA for your complete fellowship interval is required. Intervals of go away have to be negotiated with the MIASA administrators previous to the signing of the fellowship settlement, and should not exceed a complete of greater than 1/6 of the fellowship period.
Period of Award: 3 to 12 months period inside the interval between 1st of June and 31st of August.
The right way to Apply:
Functions will likely be accepted in English and French. The finished utility type along with the info indicated under need to be uploaded on the appliance webpage (here). After submission of the paperwork, candidates obtain an acknowledgement of receipt offering contact particulars and together with a duplicate of their submission. Incomplete or late purposes is not going to be thought-about.
- Info on the appliance and choice course of (required paperwork, eligibility standards, analysis standards, timeline and phases of the choice course of) is supplied in the Application Guidelines for Particular person Fellowships.