Functions for the Ontario Graduate Scholarship (OGS)/Queen Elizabeth II Graduate Scholarship in Science and Know-how (QEII-GSST) 2022/2023 – College of Waterloo, Canada
When is the Software Deadline:
eighth October 2021 at 4:00 p.m. (ET)
Inform Me About Ontario Graduate Scholarship (OGS)/Queen Elizabeth II Graduate Scholarship in Science and Know-how (QEII-GSST):
The Ontario Graduate Scholarship (OGS) and the Queen Elizabeth II Graduate Scholarship in Science and Know-how (QEII-GSST) applications encourage excellence in graduate research at publicly-assisted universities in Ontario. Each applications are collectively funded by the Ontario authorities and taking part establishments. The federal government contributes two-thirds of the worth of the awards and the college supplies the remaining one-third.
College students are thought of for OGS and QEII-GSST at Waterloo by utilizing one application. Each scholarships are of equal status. College students who’re making use of for tri-agency awards will NOT routinely be thought of for OGS and QEII-GSST, and should submit a separate OGS/QEII-GSST software type. The variations between the OGS and QEII-GSST scholarships are as follows:
- OGS – merit-based scholarship program for Ontario’s greatest graduate college students in all disciplines of educational research; accessible to Canadian Residents/Everlasting Residents and Worldwide college students.
- QEII-GSST – merit-based scholarship program focused particularly in direction of college students in a research-based graduate program in one of many STEM (Science, Know-how, Engineering and Math) disciplines; solely accessible to Canadian Residents/Everlasting residents.
Profitable OGS and QEII-GSST recipients will start their scholarship throughout 2022-2023. The allowable begin phrases are spring 2022, fall 2022 or winter 2023.
Which Fields are Eligible?
- OGS awards are open to candidates in all disciplines of educational research.
- QEII-GSST awards are open to candidates in research-based graduate applications in a STEM (Science, Know-how, Engineering and Math) self-discipline.
What Sort of Scholarship is that this?
Under are the detailed eligibility standards required so as to have the ability to apply for an OGS or QEII-GSST, nevertheless given the restricted quota of awards accessible, Waterloo is required to be strategic in choosing recipients.
- Worldwide competitors – candidates should be a global scholar finding out in Ontario with a scholar research allow below the Immigration and Refugee Safety Act (Canada). Word: worldwide college students should not eligible for QEII-GSST awards.
- Profitable OGS Worldwide recipients who’re residing exterior of Canada because of COVID-19 might be required to indicate both proof of current research allow or in-progress research allow software earlier than funds might be launched to them.
- Home competitors – candidates should be a Canadian citizen, Everlasting Resident, or Protected Particular person below subsection 95(2) of the Immigration and Refugee Safety Act (Canada) on the time of the appliance deadline;
Minimal Educational Necessities
- Candidates should have achieved a first-class common (minimal of A-/80%), in EACH of the final two accomplished years of research (full-time equal).
- Eligibility averages are calculated utilizing grades out of your most-recent tutorial historical past as much as August 31, 2021, no matter program or relevance to your proposed program. Waterloo is required to stick to those parameters as dictated by Ontario’s Ministry of Coaching, Faculties and Universities (MTCU).
- Worldwide competitors – because of the restricted quota of awards accessible for worldwide college students, purposes will solely be accepted from college students who’re at the moment registered in a graduate program (or on an authorised inactive time period from their graduate program) by no less than the autumn 2021 time period. Present UW undergraduate worldwide college students should not eligible to use.
- Home competitors – candidates should both be at the moment enrolled in a graduate program, or should apply for admission to a graduate program by the February 1, 2022 deadline for entry into the spring 2022, fall 2022 or winter 2023 time period.
How are Candidates Chosen:
There are three areas of analysis below which the appliance might be thought of. Every division and College will decide the load positioned on every of the next standards inside the ranges indicated:
- Educational Excellence (30-50%*); As demonstrated by:
- tutorial transcripts
- checklist of aggressive scholarships, awards and honours
- Analysis Capability and Potential in Program of Research (30-50%*); As demonstrated by:
- originality, inventive efficiency and creations broadly outlined (the place related to area of research)
- Communication and Management Skills (0-20%*); As demonstrated by:
- checklist of related volunteer, management and tutorial work expertise.
*Particular person college weights:
- Arts, Engineering: (1) 50%, (2) 30%, (3) 20%
- Well being: (1) 50%, (2) 40%, (3) 10%
- Atmosphere, Arithmetic, Science: (1) 40%, (2) 40%, (3) 20%
When reviewing those that had been chosen to obtain an OGS or QEII-GSST during the last a number of competitors years:
- most had averages of 85% or above in every of their final two years of full time tutorial research;
- most had printed journal articles, in addition to refereed convention proceedings and posters or shows; and
- most have held earlier Provincial (OGS/QEII-GSST) or Federal Tri-Council scholarships (roughly 50% of candidates).
Which International locations are Eligible?
Worldwide, Everlasting Residents & Home
The place will Award be Taken?
College of Waterloo Canada
How Many Scholarships might be Given?
What’s the Good thing about Ontario Graduate Scholarship (OGS)/Queen Elizabeth II Graduate Scholarship in Science and Know-how (QEII-GSST)?
Every OGS and QEII-GSST is valued at a most of $15,000 per 12 months. The award is paid as $5,000 per time period for both two or three phrases.
Waterloo celebrates excellent tutorial achievement of its graduate college students by providing the President’s Graduate Scholarship (PGS) to college students receiving an OGS or QEII-GSST.
How Lengthy will the Program Final?
- Awards are granted for as much as one 12 months in length and are non-renewable. Candidates should apply yearly with a view to be thought of.
- Recipients can maintain the scholarship for at least two phrases (receiving $10,000 complete) or three phrases (receiving $15,000 complete). One time period awards should not permitted.
- For full particulars concerning holding an OGS or QEII-GSST, please consult with our Awards Holder’s Information.
The way to Apply for Ontario Graduate Scholarship (OGS)/Queen Elizabeth II Graduate Scholarship in Science and Know-how (QEII-GSST):
An OGS/QEII-GSST software is required with a view to be thought of for the scholarship. College students solely must submit one software with a view to be thought of for each OGS and QEII-GSST.