Do you might have what it takes to be an Acumen Fellow?
Earlier Utility Deadline: 4th January 2021
Regarding the Award: Yearly, our Fellows Program in East Africa brings collectively 20 extraordinary folks from Kenya, Uganda, Tanzania, Rwanda, Ethiopia, Burundi, and South Sudan, and equips them with the knowledge, assist system and smart information to drive optimistic change in society. Over the course of a 12 months, Fellows keep of their jobs whereas taking part in 5 week-long seminars, the place they get hold of the devices, teaching and home to innovate new ideas, velocity up their have an effect on, assemble a strong group of social leaders from all through their space and world broad.
Eligibility: Our Fellows are individuals who dare to do what’s correct, not what’s easy, to create optimistic change of their space. Fellows can come from varied cultural, geographic and socioeconomic backgrounds and work in any sector, and so they need to be devoted to ending poverty and injustice of their group by means of their work. They’re individuals who’re making a long-term play at system-level have an effect on and are in the hunt for the administration experience and moral creativeness to make it happen.
The Fellows we search are:
- Often in one among many following trajectories: entrepreneurs, intrapreneurs, and organizational builders whether or not or not for-profit, nonprofit, or in authorities. We define that as…
- entrepreneurs: founding or major a for-profit or nonprofit group that offers important gadgets or firms to the underserved
- organizational builders: supporting the enlargement of an organization, institution, or agency focused on assuaging poverty or injustice nevertheless not as a result of the founding father of CEO
- intrapreneurs: creating trendy choices to type out poverty or injustice from inside an current institution by shifting its custom and establishing new collaborations
- Individuals who’ve a demonstrated historic previous of have an effect on, dedication and concrete connection to the world.
- Leaders with sturdy non-public integrity, unrelenting perseverance and moral creativeness.
- Devoted folks capable of endure an intensive year-long non-public transformation and administration journey adopted by an induction into the larger Fellows Neighborhood.
- Individuals of all ages and education ranges who’re able to participate in a program carried out in English, or in Spanish for these inside the Program in Colombia.
Eligible Nations: Kenya, Uganda, Tanzania, Rwanda, Burundi, South Sudan & Ethiopia.
Number of Awards: 20
Price of Award:
12 months 1
- Be a part of a varied cohort of 20 leaders from Kenya, Uganda, Tanzania, Rwanda, Burundi, South Sudan & Ethiopia.
- Acumen Fellows are drawn from varied sectors, disciplines, organisations and social change journeys
- All programme costs coated by Acumen Academy East Africa
- 5 digital multi-day seminars, paired with specific particular person & group on-line assignments between seminars
- Learning that is immediately utilized to your life and work
- Peer instructing that challenges and accompanies you in your social change work
- Cultivate a deeper understanding of your self and your work in a broader context
- Navigate uncertainty and embrace the numerous course of of creating change
Previous 12 months 1
- Be a part of Acumen’s rising group of social innovators & builders accompanying each other from all through the globe devoted to a world previous poverty and injustice
- The Acumen Fellowship is a life-long engagement and after the first 12 months fellows take part in quite a lot of options which could be designed to every further their have an effect on and assemble their communities.
Interval of Award: 1 12 months
Simple strategies to Apply: Apply Now
Our utility course of consists of these 5 phases.
- 1Stage 1: An web utility variety designed to know why that’s the exact time to be able to grow to be an Acumen Fellow.
- 2Stage 2: A chance to dig deeper into the work you do by means of an utility variety & transient essay questions.
- 3Stage 3: Closing selection for the finalists. The Alternative Conference day consists of elevator pitches, group actions, and a panel interview.
- 4Stage 4: The 2022 cohort could be chosen in November and 2022 Fellows launched in December 2021.
- You will have to endure all utility requirements inside the Award Webpage (see Hyperlink underneath) sooner than making use of.