Brown University USA is now offering Financial Aid to outstanding students for the academic year 2021/2022, to help reduce the financial burden of international students and ensure affordability for all.
Table of Contents
When is Application Deadline?
1st November, 2021
Tell me about Brown University Financial Aid:
International students are eligible to apply for University financial aid. International applicants must apply for financial aid and receive University Scholarship at the time of their admission to Brown to be considered for financial aid at any point during their four years at Brown University.
International students are eligible to apply for University financial aid; however, funding is limited. International students who do not apply for and receive financial aid upon admission to Brown are not eligible for institutional aid in subsequent years, even if a student’s financial circumstances change or a sponsor discontinues providing support.
What are Eligible Field(s):
Undergraduate level courses and subjects in any discipline of study are eligible
Type of Award?
Who is Eligible?
The applicants need to demonstrate a strong need for financial aid.
Which countries are eligible?
Students from all international countries that wish to apply are eligible for the Brown University Financial Aid
Where will Award be taken?
How Many Awards are available?
What is the Benefit of Brown University Financial Aid?
- In most cases, financial aid awards are applied directly to the student account as a credit towards the cost of tuition, fees, room and meals. The financial aid award will help with the cost of travel, books and personal expenses, but it does not assist with vacation and summer expenses.
- Brown is extending this financial aid to all international students that are in dire need and cannot afford to study abroad at Brown. The aid will take care of the tuition fee of the applied undergraduate programme at Brown.
How can I apply for Brown University Financial Aid?
- Brown has set up an online portal dedicated to students’ application and students are required to apply via the same.
- The students are required to create a CSS profile and apply for the financial aid through it.
- Supporting Documents: The students are required to present the following documents to the university:
- School Report
- Midyear School Report
- Counsellor Recommendation
- Two Teacher Evaluations/Recommendations
- Bachelor of Science and PLME Recommendations
- First Quarter/Trimester Grades
- Admission Requirements: Applicants need to have completed 12 to 13 years of primary and secondary schooling.
- Language Requirement: The students must submit scores of the following English language proficiency tests:
- TOEFL IBT – 100
- TOEFL PBT – 600
- IELTS – 8.0
- It is important to go through all application requirements in the Award Webpage (see Link below) before applying.