Software Deadline: November fifteenth, 2021
Via the U.S. Department of State’s Kennedy-Lugar Youth Exchange and Study (YES) program, For one tutorial yr, highschool college students from international locations with massive Muslim populations stay and examine in the USA. YES college students function “youth ambassadors” of their residence nation, selling mutual understanding by forming lasting relationships with their host households and communities. Members stay with a bunch household, attend an American highschool, develop management abilities, and take part in actions to find out about American society and values; in addition they help Individuals in studying about their very own nation and tradition.
Candidates compete for YES scholarships by means of a rigorous, merit-based choice course of. Members stay with American host households, attend highschool, and take part in group service and civic training actions whereas on this system.. The YES program was established by Congress in October 2002 in response to the occasions of September 11, 2001.
The YES Abroad program was established in 2009 to supply the same expertise for U.S. college students (15-18.5 years) to spend an educational yr in choose YES international locations.
- Be between the ages of 15 and 17 (be born between August 15, 2005 and August 15, 2007) by the beginning of program (August 15, 2022);
- Be enrolled in a secondary faculty on the time of utility;
- Be coming into tenth or eleventh grade in Fall 2021;
- Have the equal of a B common or higher with out failing grades and have a document of excessive tutorial achievement;
- Show flexibility and dedication to selling cross-cultural understanding;
- Meet a minimal English proficiency requirement;
- Not be a U.S. citizen or everlasting resident, and was not born within the U.S.
- Be a citizen of eligible nation
- Meet U.S. J-1 visa eligibility necessities (for example, U.S. residents are usually not eligible for J-1 visa).
This system at present settle for college students from the next countries:
Albania | Bahrain | Bangladesh | Bosnia and Herzegovina | Bulgaria | Cameroon | Egypt | Gaza | Ghana | India | Indonesia | Israel (Arab Communities) | Jordan | Kenya | Kosovo | Kuwait | Lebanon | Liberia | Libya | Malaysia | Mali | Morocco | Mozambique | Nigeria | North Macedonia | Pakistan | Philippines | Saudi Arabia | Senegal | Sierra Leone | South Africa | Suriname | Tanzania | Thailand | Tunisia | Turkey | West Bank.
The YES scholarship covers prices associated to:
• round-trip airfare from your private home nation to the USA;
• the price of a Pre-Departure Orientation;
• placement with a U.S. host household for 10 to 11 months;
• a modest month-to-month stipend;
• medical health insurance; and
• the price of program actions and supplies.
For Extra Info: